




hey it's Emma! I'm starting a weekly poetry thingy mobobber. And my first poem is by E.T. Eliot, it's called Mr. Mistoffelees. My favorite poem. Some poems will be by other poets. Some will be mine!!! I also have some pictures i drew! Here is my first poem!! enjoy!
Mr Mistoffelees
By E.T. Eliot
You ought to know Mr. MIstoffelees!
The original conjuring cat--
(There can be no doubt about that)
Please listen to me and don't scoff.All his
Invatations are off his own bat.
there's no such cat in the metropolis.
For preforming superising illusions.
And creating eccentic confusions
At prestidigitation
And at legerdemain
He'll defy examination
and decive you again.
The greatest magicians have something to learn
From Mr. Mistoffelees conjurring turm
Presto!
And we all say; OH!
Well I never!
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistoffelees!
He is quiet and small,he is black
From his ears to the tip of his tail!
He can creep through the tiniest crack,
He can walk on the narrowest rail.
He can pick any card from the pack.
He is equally cunning with dice.
He is always deciving you into beliveing
That he is only hunting for mice.
He can play any trick with a cork.
If you look for a knife or a fork
And you think it is merely misplaced--
You see it one moment then it's GONE!
But you'll find it next week on the lawn!
And we all say : OH!
Well I never!
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistoffelees!
His manner is aloof
You think there was nobody shyer--
(At least we learned that somebody purred)
And I knew the family to call
Him in from the garden for hours.
While he was not asleep in the hall.
And not long ago this phonomanal cat
produced seven kittens right out of a hat!
And we all say : OH!
Well I never!
Did you ever
know a cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistoffelees!
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment